Sunday 23 February 2014

I'm a Blogger!!

I have a Blog, yeah!!!
I have been reading my daughter's blogs for quite a while now and my sister did an amazing blog about her daughter's fight with cancer all of which have inspired me to start one myself.  (When I say 'start one myself ', I mean my daughter was here for a week and she set it all up for me and then my other daughter helped me to actually find it and walked me through the process of entering things - thanks Amy and Brooke!).  This was one of my new year's resolutions, and it's still February - not bad!
Speaking of February - a quick shout out to all the people I love with Birthdays this month (there's a lot, and this is just in our family).  Happy Birthday to - Reese, Eric, Mark, Brock, Emily, Christy and Zach!! You were certainly thought of on your special day and I love you all!
I hope for this to be a place to write about everyday things that have an extraordinary impact in my life!  I hope by knowing in the back of my mind that I am going to write things down, that I will be more aware of the little blessing in my life that I quite often take for granted and don't think enough about.
Today is Sunday and I am thankful for the Sabbath day - we went to Edmonton and Red Deer this weekend to see Kelsie and watch Paige play basketball (they won the tournament by the way).  They were in the final so we didn't leave Red Deer until 9:30 pm so that got us home at about 1:30 am.  It would have been very easy to just stay over another night and come home sometime on Sunday or even stay in bed at home justifying a short night's sleep (church is at 9:00 am) - but I really don't like to miss church!  I always learn and hear and feel something special everytime I go - and today was no exception.  It was our Ward conference and heard two excellent talks by our Bishop and Stake President and then an excellent lesson in Relief Society and then I went back to Barnwell 1st Ward's meetings at 1:00 to hear my mom talk in Sacrament meeting.  She gave a great talk about blessings and the other speaker spoke on courage and Brendan O. talked about his conversion and baptism.  I came home feeling so uplifted and grateful for all of my many blessings - it is definitely the best way to start each week!
I know from reading blogs that a blog just isn't a blog without great pictures, but I'm afraid that my girls haven't given me a tutorial on that yet, so today it's just typing, but hopefully next week I will know how to include pictures!  For today, this will have to do  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment